Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Look What Santa Brought the Northeast!

OK, so this has nothing to do with my post, but I've noticed some activity on my blog.  I haven't publicized it or told anyone (scratch that- I've told three people.  Three people who don't blog) it exists, but clearly people are finding me because the number of page views keeps increasing.  So I just wanted to say that I have no problem with people signing up as followers.  None at all.  Really.  If you're reading, I'd love to know who you are.  Please.  Pretty please?

Anyhow, Santa bestowed a belated Christmas gift on the northeastern U.S. this year: a big ol' blizzard.  It started so innocently.  For the first few hours, it was nothing more than a sprinkle of angelic-looking snowflakes.  Here is my yard around 12:30 in the afternoon when it started:


Nothing impressive, right?  I didn't even bother to hope work might be cancelled on Monday.  Especially when hours later, my yard had only gone from the above to this:


Then, all of a sudden, the wind started howling like a wolf at the moon.  My house was literally shaking.  All I could see when I looked outside was white, until it was too dark to see anymore.  When I woke up the next morning, this was the sight that greeted me from my bedroom window:



Note the shrubs and stone wall have completely disappeared.  They're hidden beneath snowdrifts, much like the one that was waiting for us outside the front door:


And just in case you didn't believe me about the wind... Here you go.  Such a beautiful sight.  Especially when it DID get me out of going to work : )


Does anyone else love the snow as much as I do? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment