Some of these will probably seem very boring to the more worldy sorts, but it doesn't take a lot to make me happy. In no particular order, here goes:
1) Write a novel worth publishing, if I haven't already
6) Go to Italy. My grandparents are straight off the boat, and I've never visited the motherland. Pathetic and must be remedied!
|Villa le Balze Gardens. A scene in my novel takes place here ; )|
7) Have a healthy baby and raise him/her to be a good, hardworking, honest person. I've blogged about my struggles with infertility and can't wait to blog about the day I overcome them.
8) Find the means (and the courage) to stop "working for the man". Almost ten years of living under someone else's thumb is quite enough, thank you.
|What do you mean only six vacations this season?! |
The show is Kate plus EIGHT!
Oh wait, you were talking about my kids?
10) No, seriously. I'd rather find a cure for cancer and sincerely hope I live to see that day. I have several walking miracles in my family, and I long for the day we no longer have to hold our breath in fear of bad news coming back. As for Kate... there's no cure for that.
11) Learn to speak Italian. My Italian vocabulary consists of approximately four words: formaggio (cheese) Ciao (hello/goodbye), bella (beautiful) and mangia (eat). Again, pathetic.
12) Conquer my fear of driving long distances. To date, the furthest I've ever driven is from Monroe, CT to Storrs, CT which is a little over an hour. Yep, that's pathetic too.
13) Write a song. I love music so much, it only makes sense.
13-1/2) Be the subject of a song. A really great, profound one, like Matt Nathanson's Come on Get Higher, or an utterly sweet one like John Mayer's Your Body is a Wonderland. Not an unfortunate but fitting one like Baby Got Back.
14) Run a marathon. I'm so out of shape I almost got winded typing the word marathon.
|Gina... Come oooooon down!|
16) Take voice lessons. I'm pretty good at carrying a tune and always wondered what kind of potential I'd have with the right training.
17) Build the house of my dreams and live there, happily ever after, with my husband and the family we worked so hard to create : )
17-1/2) Hire housekeeper to clean said house, because cleaning your own house sucks!
18) Get enough followers on my blog to host a contest and feel like people will actually participate! I'm dying to host a contest! (No pun intended) So follow my blog, and tell your friends to follow too, and you'll be helping me cross an item off my Bucket List!
Looking forward to reading yours!