Two Awards in one Week! I Must Have Mad Blogging Skills!
I was super excited to be the recipient of two awards this week! First I was given the One Lovely Blog Award by Heidi!
Then I was given the Versatile Blog Award by Aleeza!
It makes my day any time someone is kind enough to tell me that not only does my blog not suck, it's actually kind of enjoyable. I am still floored that I ever got past one follower - that I got past zero, actually. So thanks so much to everyone who voluntarily clicks on my link to see what I'm rambling about on any given day!
According to Heidi's award, I need to pay it forward to 3 more deserving bloggers. Those bloggers are:
1) Aleeza, because she's just all-around lovely, and does some of the best book reviews ever.
2) Meredith. I love the photo in the title bar of her blog. Plus, she's always posting about things that make her happy, so it's a very uplifting blog to visit!
3) Heather, because her blog is princess-y and fun!
For Aleeza's Award, I need to pay it forward to 10 bloggers and also list 7 facts about myself. I've done this before, so I'll try to come up with new info that's somehow interesting despite my very normal, very boring life. Here goes.
1) I used to have great hair. Like beautiful, dark curls cascading down my back (um, yeah, on a good day). Look, I'll show you:
The funny part is, this picture was only taken three years ago, but every year since, my hair got a little more limp, a little more frizzy, and a little more unmanageable. Now, you'd be hard-pressed to not find me sporting a ponytail. Getting old sucks.
2) I am addicted Double Stuf Oreos. I smash them into Cookies N Cream ice cream, because the cream to cookie ratio simply isn't enough for me.
3) My favorite place to read is curled up in a black leather arm chair in my study.
4) My favorite color is red, though I didn't know it until I started planning my wedding and incorporating it into everything. Like my flowers:
5) My birthday is May 11th, and the year I was born, it fell on Mother's Day. It's kind of hard to top that gift!
6) I fell and cracked my right knee cap while on a tour of Spain, and wasn't allowed to walk the gardens at the Alhambra with the rest of my group. I'm still mad about it.
7) I'm posting my first contest on Sunday night! Come back for the chance to win some amazing ARCs and books!
And the my recipients of The Versatile Blog Award are (only doing 5, since this is a two-in-one, and since I'm still building my followers and followees) :