So last week the lovely Megan Whitmer (seriously, if you're not following Megan, hop over right now and remedy that. She is an absolute joy. Go on. I'll wait.) tagged me to answer Eleven Questions in a vlog.
I did so in this little video here:
I was also supposed to list eleven random facts about myself, come up with eleven more questions, and tag eleven more people.
Well, with my lack of vlog-editing skills, it quickly would've become The Vlog That Never Ends, so I took a page from Megan's book and reserved the second part for this lovely little blog o' mine. So here goes:
Eleven Things You Never Needed to Know About Gina:
1) I actually love the number 11. My birthday is May 11th. I have 11 first cousins. The first house I lived in was at 11 Daniel Drive. Eleven rocks.
2) I have 20% hearing loss in my right ear. If the birds are obnoxiously chirping outside my window at 4 a.m., I need only to roll over onto my left ear. Sweet silence ensues.
3) My parents and my husband's parents were friends in high school, but my husband and I didn't meet until we were in high school ourselves.
4) I went to Catholic school for eight years, and came out less religious instead of more. Oops.
5) I firmly believe in meaning what you say and saying what you mean. I'd rather get no compliments at all than to receive an insincere compliment, and the same goes for giving them.
6) I am so not a morning person
7) The year after I graduated college, I went on a 10-day tour of Spain with my cousins and sister. It was one of the best trips I've ever been on, despite falling and cracking my right knee cap halfway through, and walking around the rest of the trip with a knee the size of a grapefruit.
8) I used to be a HUGE soda junkie. But ever since I saw that video where a bottle of coke basically obliterated a nail the size of my finger, I try to stay far, far away.
9) In conjunction with #8, I have a really sensitive stomach. I love food, but most of the time it does not love me back.
10) The only reason I tried on the dress that wound up being my wedding gown was to prove to my mother that I'd hate it. I had something totally different in mind, and I finally had the salesgirl give me something my mother chose just to shut her up. And lo and and behold, the minute I put it on, it was love at first sight.
11) I had a roommate in college who drunkenly puked in her top bunk while I was sleeping on the bottom bunk. And if you stuck around to hear me answer Megan's 11th question, you know exactly how and why I'm traumatized by this.
*pant pant* Holy smokes, that was exhausting.
Okay, since I'm running out of steam, I'm just going to give you guys the option of answering Megan's questions, or responding to something in my facts, or a combination of the two.
If you'd like to participate... consider yourself tagged!
Here are Megan's questions again:
· What's your favorite song?
· How many times did you fail your driver's license test?
· Who's your celebrity crush?
· What is the most disgusting word you can think of?
· Don't you think
is the best movie of all time?
· If you had to eat one food every day for a year, what would it be?
· What are your top 3 favorite books?
· Have you ever met anyone in real life that you originally met on Twitter?
· What was your first job?
· Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich- do you put pb on one slice of bread, jelly on the other, and then marry the two? Or do you put pb on one slice of bread, spread jelly on top of the pb, and put another slice of bread on top? (My grandfather has a VERY SOLID opinion on this subject.)
· Name one thing that majorly creeps you out.
Looking forward to learning about you, peeps! Be sure to comment/tweet me a link to your vlog or blog post if you decide to partake!