Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Live Blog with Me, Won't You?

I'm off from work today, weeee!! I have quite a to-do list though, so I thought today would be a perfect day for a live blog to keep me on track. Here's what I need to accomplish:

- Wax my eyebrows (yes, I do it myself because I'm not letting anyone else near them with a substance that can leave them seriously misshapen)
- Wash towels and empty the dish washer
- Get bloodwork
- Go to the post office and mail a package
- Make a dropoff at Goodwill (finally got my husband to clean out his closet- yay!)
- Go to a 1:15 doctor's appointment
- Get birthday gifts for my sister-in-law and cousin
- Christmas shop
- Start creating a photo calendar for my sister-in-law of all the pics I've taken of her son. You know, because I'm obsessed with his cute little face.

And most important:

- WRITE! Write anything, any number of words... because once I finish this chapter, the next one is already written and that's basically a 2000-word freebie. YES!

Wish me luck!

8:06- Dishwasher is emptied. Eyebrows are waxed. Might have been a little overzealous with the right one. And, um, guys? Is it bad if the wax drips off the spatula and down your nose? Please tell me I won't have to wax my nose from now on, too.

8:10- Eating my lame, gluten-soy-and-dairy-free breakfast of a banana and sausage links. Will be hungry again in an hour. But at least the towels have already gone from the washer to the dryer.

10:22: I was right. I'm starving. Therefore gagging down snacking on a plum. I'm also showered and dressed, and helped (or attempted to help, they may have hated my advice) my CP's polish their one-line pitches for tomorrow's Operation Awesome Pitch Contest. Off to get blood drawn now- better add that to the list!

4:39: I am pooped. I spent half an hour in the waiting room at the doctor's office, despite being the only patient in said waiting room. From there I went to the mall and picked up birthday gifts for my sister-in-law and cousin. Following that, I drove to the nail salon my godmother likes so I could get her a gift certificate for Christmas. After that I hit the post office, and then finally made my Goodwill drop.

Now I still have to squeeze in some writing time, cook dinner, and get started on that calendar. I think I'm fading here, guys. Let's see how I fare...

8:00: *Sigh* I made dinner. I cleaned up the mess. I peeled and cut carrots for my husband and I to bring as snacks for work tomorrow.

And I wrote. It was only about 200 words, but my goal today was to write anything at all amidst all this madness, and I'm calling that a success.

I'm officially exhausted. Signing off for tonight, see you Monday, peeps!

8 comments:

  1. Okay like we're ever going to HATE your advice. Despise, loathe, be disgusted by, maybe. But not hate, that's silly. ^_^

    (And people say 'hate' is a strong word. They're obviously not writers.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, good luck getting blood drawn! One of my least favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waxing my eyebrows really freaks me out. I'm still in tweezeland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the pitch writing genius who will one day make my publishing dreams come true.

    If I am wrong about this, I owe you dinner in NYC. Oh wait, I owe you that anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Go Gina! I can't believe you wax your own eyebrows. It freaks me out to let other people do it, but it'd freak me out way more to do it myself. I'd be awful at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got more work done than me. But I did iron my husband's shirts (while analyzing Stephen King's movie The Mist based on notes in Donald Maass's workbook. Sad, huh?) and cleaning the bathrooms. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go G Go! Still cheering for you!!!

    ReplyDelete