Good morning, peeps! I've missed you all!
HOW THE HECK ARE YOU?
Things have been crazy around here, and I'm sure they'll only get crazier, but I'm determined to carve out a niche for my writing life. I kind of have to - it's my outlet, and I already learned the hard way that sacrificing your outlet for your obligations leads to all kinds of ugly.
It hasn't been easy, though. Aside from trying to plug away at a new contemporary YA, here's what I've been up to:
- Incubating A Human Who Is Suddenly Growing At Warp Speed
- Making the Big Move From Connecticut to Georgia Via Car
- Seeing Some Crazy Things Along the Way, Like A Giant, Kind of Obscene-Looking Peach
- Getting Settled in Our Temporary Apartment. I Swear This Part Was Harder Than It Looks.
Working From Home
- Finally Taking a Cue From Dahlia and Getting My Hands on Some Macaron Cookies. And MY GOD, THEY ARE HEAVEN.
And last but definitely not least, with all that time in the car I was able to do some reading. So, I did something I've been meaning to do for a LONG time, which is to read a Sarah Dessen novel. I've heard she writes amazing contemporaries and had more than one person tell me my writing is reminiscent of hers, so I wanted to see for myself.
Since I love summer stories, I chose THAT SUMMER:
I haven't finished yet, but wow, this lady can write. Her characters are so relatable and so real, and if people see that in my writing, then I'm just gonna go ahead and say, Damn, I'm good. Kidding. Sort of ;)
The next bit of summer lovin' on my Kindle is THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY by Jenny Han. Because I've always wanted one of those. And I'm still waiting.
Your turn, peeps! What are you doing these days? What are you reading? What are you writing? GIVE ME DETAILS!