Wednesday, December 12, 2012

#PitchWars Picks!!

Pitch Wars has been one awesome whirlwind, and today our picks are live!



It was a tough choice, and I want to thank each and every one of the writers who sent me an application because they felt I would make a worthy mentor for their hard work. I truly appreciated the personalized queries and the time you took to research what made me tick. Unfortunately, time constraints didn't allow me to write personalized feedback to each one of you, but it came down to this:

I could only choose one, and it had to blow me away. The end.

And so, without further ado, the manuscript/author I am SO excited to mentor is......

WHERE THE STAIRCASE ENDS by Stacy Stokes!

I was drawn to this one right away. The concept made me sit up and take notice, and to say the sample pages didn't disappoint is an understatement. 

My two alternates are:

CLOUD NINE by Sara Biren
OVER THE DEEP FRIED RAINBOW by Leslie Rose

These were fabulous, humorous YA contemps that I fell in love with, and still hope to read (wink wink, ladies).

Congratulations to all the Pitch Wars mentor/author teams, and a big thank you to Brenda Drake for putting this contest together! Looking forward to the agent round!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Stacy!! I've read this manuscript and it is AWESOME. Very well deserved! (and, Gina, I'm sure you will love it!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOOO excited! I can't wait to work with you, Gina. Thanks so much for picking me! I've been dancing around all morning...my coworkers think I've had one too many cups of coffee. :-) THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. Yet another contest I missed! *headslam*. I suck. But I'm very happy for your winners and that it was a succesful one!

    ReplyDelete