Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Win INSURGENT for a Worthy Cause!

Today I wanted to spotlight two of my co-workers (one is my boss!) who are far more brave than I'll ever be will be participating in a fantastic fundraiser.


Pat and Diane - how awesome are they?!
Pat, Diane, and their team, Stoked to Stroke, have been training hard to swim across Long Island Sound on July 28th as part of the annual Swim Across the Sound Marathon. 54 other relay teams will swim a total of 15.5 miles to provide cancer education and screening for the uninsured, as well as wigs, prostheses, medication, transportation and more for those battling cancer. The swim marathon is in its 25th year, and helps more than 20,000 people annually.

So many of us have been touched by cancer on so many levels, and we all know every little bit helps in the fight against it. Until there is a cure, we can only rely on the compassion and generosity of others to pave the way to kicking cancer's ass. So if you'd like to sponsor Stoked to Stroke as they swim across the sound, please visit their website here:


*And as an added bonus, if you donate and leave a comment letting me know, I will happily send a copy of INSURGENT, Veronica Roth's sequel to DIVERGENT to one random donor*


Have a great day, peeps!



2 comments:

  1. Woohooo! Awesome ladies! And you are awesome for spotlighting them, G!
    I already have a copy of Insurgent, so you can pass it along to someone else. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome they're doing that!!! :D

    I have Insurgent. I'm currently rereading Divergent, and then I'm all over Insurgent.

    ReplyDelete