Friday, March 9, 2012

The Lucky Seven Meme!

Woohoo, I've been tagged!



Thanks Chessie, for giving me something fun to do for my Friday Post! Here's how it works:

1. Go to page 77 of your current MS

2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they're written--no cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers
5. Let them know

So, from my finished ms, LAST YEAR'S MISTAKE, here's my Lucky Seven:

I'd failed David, failed his father. Both of them had been there for me when I needed them most. When my turn had come to pay them back, I'd left them both in the dust without a single glance back.

I hated myself.

A knock on the door made me jump, and I scrambled to my feet, nearly tripping over nearby paint cans when I heard David's voice.

"Kelse? You okay?"

I hurriedly wiped my face and nose with a tissue before I cracked the door open.

***
That's it, folks. Hope you liked it. And since I'm so bad at picking people to pass things on to, I'm just going to invite whoever wants to participate in this to go ahead and do so and feel free to mention my name :)

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. That was quite intriguing. I liked the flow. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guhhh love this scene! And you and L are so smart--don't waste time making a list. Just hand it out and say "Fly, children! Be free!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea, and cool scene. Now I'm suspense to find out what happens next. :D

    I love the idea that you don't tag someone. It's more fun when someone jumps in because they want to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG G THIS IS LIKE FIVE LINES BEFORE MY FAVORITE PART OF THE WHOLE EFFING BOOK.

    The Lucky 7 meme is, like, psychic or something.

    OMGGGGGG I LOVE LYM SO MUCH.

    *Ahem* Sorry to yell on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know what's going on and what's about to happen! I'm so interested now--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! So interesting. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great lines. I posted my lucky 7 over at my log today too. Schweet!

    ReplyDelete